Wednesday 11 February 2015

I AM in a Relationship !!

When my relatives ask me aren't you still married? I want to say that No! I am in relationship with myself;-P....I am weird like that ;-)
When I say I am in relationship with me, please don’t imagine wrongly okay!! I love myself and I feel complete by myself. I don’t need someone to fill my life. I am happy with ME , ME and ME again. I am with my friends, happy with my family and happy with my office. Everything around me is pleasant. Everyone around me is good.

I am a good person until you expect something from me:-P
Yes. The above line suits everyone. If you don’t expect anything from people around you then be sure you are going to be happy always. When expectation crops up, that is when the real problem starts.

Marriage life is full of vows. You cannot blame your spouse for expecting from you. He/she would have his/her own imagination about married life. Who knows in their wild imagination it can be like “the prince and the princess got married –and they lived happily ever after “tale. Everyone knows happily ever after marriages are only in fairy tales and movies.(These days real life stories are made as movies and hence chances of watching –Happy ever after marriage- movies also has come down !!)

Frankly speaking, this society and tradition has made the institution of marriage as a Mandatory one. There is no such thing like one cannot live without the other. Opinions vary. A person may not feel complete without other. When you are married you won’t feel complete without having a kid. We tend to add relationships to our circle and we feel we are not complete without our closed ones.

I am not against marriage. I am okay with the idea that you will always have a companion in that regard. But, is that sure that you will have your spouse as your companion? .Divorces would not have increased if that is the case. Fine! Are you sure enough that your spouse will live till you live in this world? Human life is uncertain. Who can guarantee you the life of others? Or even yours for this matter?

If you Love yourself. And if you are in relationship with yourself. If you feel you are complete by yourself then, you can love everyone and you would not expect anyone to complete your life and happiness. If marriage / relationships are your sole idea of complete happiness- then please go ahead J.Do what your heart says J . After all, that is the institution which has brought you and me into this world.

But always it is good to know that:
Being Single doesn't mean you are lonely
Being “together” doesn't mean you are happy.

(I read this somewhere and these lines.... still lingers in my mind)

No comments: