Tuesday 19 March 2013

Contest now!!!


Yesterday suddenly a friend of mine asked me this question.
 “Tell me which is the most funniest / stupid question you have ever asked a in your life? Thinking about which makes you laugh now?”

That was a good question. I skimmed through my elephantine memory and got 2 questions.

First was, when I was 7 Years old. I was talkative and sometimes was even a brat.

One of my relative, a distant uncle of mine was drenched in debts it seems. He had written a letter mentioning about attempting suicide because of his debts. I heard this from my mother when she was speaking about this to my father. At that moment I overlooked it and continued with my work.

Few months later it happened that I met that uncle in a family function.
“What uncle? You said that you are going to die because of debts and you are still alive?”
I asked him this question in a candid manner. He turned weary with my single question that he could not even answer me.

My mother heard me asking this and I was caught.I saw my mother and it was a moment of adrenalin rush for me.  She admonished me and thank god she did not beat me.
When I think of that question I really feel it was the most stupid question I ever asked someone in my life. 

The Second question was when I was at my teens.

Until then LOVE the very word was a-bad-word thing for us (me and my cousins). When we stepped to teen age our minds underwent a subtle change. At that age LOVE was something good. Don’t mistake me. Our definition for love was “Love is a good thing. Love doesn’t mean only that thing which happens due to hormonal change in a girl
& a boy. It can mean affection, kindness (anbu –paasam-nesam etc etc) . “
We’d proudly say “Yes! We are in Love. Love with our parents, sisters, and brothers blah blah blah “(we’ve almost repeated the above dialogue million times).

Me-brilliant –kid on earth was invincible at that age. No one could argue with me. I always won the conversational fights. (It is pertinent to note that if it was a kick fight – I was a weakling at that age and so obviously I would be the loser. I win only in conversational fights.)

I was studying in a tution centre. We had an in-charge person there who was strictu! Strictu! Strictu! One day when me and my brother were chatting with him. Suddenly I asked that –in-charge-person  “Sir do you love anyone?” (He was a bachelor –point to be noted).
He replied: No! I don’t like these love-and-all stuffs.
Me: Why don’t you like? Love is not a bad word. You see at this age I love.
        Yes! I love my mom, dad, sister and my brother…. Like that whom do you love?
His reply : mmmm… That’s not a relevant topic now. You answer me for that 5th essay question in 4th chapter now.
Me: (valiantly) started studying that question.

That was the end of that topic with him. At that point of time I have asked this question to everyone I know and have given my view of love verbatim to everyone. That was what I wanted to ask. That was how I wanted to win him with my brilliant speech. I won.


But that stupid question which I had asked  made him feel nam-dhana-nam-dhana melody in his heart it seems. Voila, he fell in love with me. From that day he started showing the symptoms of a man who is in love. His best friend was also a teacher in that academy and she found out this.

She has told this to my science teacher who happened to be my favorite teacher. (More than a teacher he was a friend). All the teachers in that academy started teasing me. It was at that point I realized I’ve not been brilliant in speaking with him but I’ve been a stupid for asking such a question with him.

From that day I really did not have the guts to ask anyone as whether they love anyone. (Especially to guys). Till date I hesitate to ask that single question.

These are the 2 questions which gets the “Most stupid question award” in my life. Is there any question in your life which can win this title? If so, feel free to post it here. I would love to read them. Best contestant would get a Kuchi mittai and Kuruvi Rotti too !!!!!
Camon! Hurry up!! I am waiting to read your stupid questions .

11 comments:

Archana said...

Ha ha..the wierdest of the lot is the first instance though..i too have couple of stupid stuff to be shared.those are not questions however..
First one was when i was mere 2.5 years old..i was very talkative those days(though i can't believe now that it was me)?..that was the time when my peripa passed away..all were mourning..ppl were pouring in..myself being a lil kid din know what exactly was happening and was in my own world happily playing Wid my toy..there used to stay a ladywho was very fat and fair on the upstairs portion of my perima.s home..she was comin downstairs to share grief..on seeing her the poor lil innocent kid in mei just thought it was the then CM. J .i have seen her a lot in tv ..so in astonishment i ran upto my mom who was crying Wid many ppl around, started telling "amma JL vara JL vara"..amma on hearing that just couldn't control her laughter..yu won't believe my perima too couldn't stop laughing..poor lady heard me calling her JL..and asked my mom, "Enna JL nu solraalaUnga ponnu"..now yu can imagine how embarrassing it would ve been for all to be laughing out hard at a death house..till date they consider it a very embarrassing moment and still laugh at my innocence..

Archana said...

In the earlier comment i had mentioned bout sharing two instances..was very quick to realise that i forgot to state the other one..
Second one was few years ago in 2009..myself and my best friend V were doing ca inter..in spite of our busy study schedule we were regular visitors at my other best friend S s home..though she never used to be thee when we went, we din bother..as we had others in the family to be with..one fine evenin myself, T and S s brother(our own brother too )were watching tv that too a local Tamil channel..we were watching Wid full concentration..at least d say i was watching Wid full concentration..some song was bein aired..on seeing dat i started saying loudly to P n V without seeing them, "MJ maadhiri dance aada try panraaraama"..a few mins silence after that kept on watching the visuals..then after a minutes pause i saw P n V staring at me sarcastically..i wondered why and asked them..no sooner did they both reply (that too in chorus) "dance aadradhe MJ dhaan"..and busted out in laughter..then i realised that it was indeed MJ whose song was being aired even in the local channel..i was of a thought initially that local channels wouldn't go to international levels..but that instance proved me wrong..:-P:-P:-P
This instance reminds me of how stupid i could be sometimes..

Archana said...

But Wid my loved ones around I LOvE BEING STUPID..love yu P,V,S n G

Archana said...

Today.s post is just letting my flow creep in..i want to share another incident..this was when i was an year old..we were in kokhapur, maharashtra..amma used to have tea..appa never used to have tea ap id considered it to be bad for health..reason bein this , he used to term tea as "saarayam"(alcohol )whenever amma had it..poor dad din realise that he was tellin it in front of a kid..
One fine evenin a guest had come home..and as a part of hospitality, amma offered tea to the guest..quickly on seeing offer tea to the guest, i was stick to question amma in baby tone "amma, saarayam kudukriya?"..before my mom could realise what i asked, the guest was shocked and Wid her eyes wide said "Ennadhu saarayama.?"then my embarrassed mom explained the whole thing...
Such an embarrassing moment it could be rite..
However kids can grasp much..my parents would ve realised it then surely..

Unknown said...

Love is sex.....marriage is business.....
Fact u facts u fact u.....
Wen my friend ramu sed to me in earlier 90's. I laughed....nw am experiencing......
Fact u....fact u....fact u....
Wil u agree??????

Unknown said...

Love is sex.....marriage is business.....
Fact u facts u fact u.....
Wen my friend ramu sed to me in earlier 90's. I laughed....nw am experiencing......
Fact u....fact u....fact u....
Wil u agree??????

Unknown said...

hey shweths super ma but i dont have any thing like this as u knw ....but i think this was a nice experience for u

Sowmya said...

Hahhaaaaa shwe absolutely hilarious especially the last one..withn namthana nam bgm :-)))))))))this reminds me of the most weirdest question i asked as a grown up kid when i was studying 9th std..I was attending the marriage of my close friend's sister.I'm not talkative but at the same time not a peace lover.Used to give immediate answers to whoever asks me something.Bride's close friend came and she started talking to me.I asked her "y r u so late for ur best friend's marriage".she replied,"m pregnant da kanna, so cant leave out as i wish".I came up with this most deadliest question "Oh ungalukum kalyanama agiducha" (Oh!u r also married?")every body in the room broke into a big laughter including that akka..i cud understand the situation only after my friend explained it..even now she used to tease me for that question.Tagline - "i was very innocent"

Saradha said...

Hi da... as u know all the questions which i ask are stupid... but there is only one question which made all irritating... Last year my friend S called me n said "hey V one of cousins got engaged this week... only 20 days to go for his marriage da....." She was telling that with an excitement that after a long time his marriage got fixed... but me being so intelligent (??????) asked her " hey super da... but hw that bridegroom stitch her blouses da... it'll be very difficult to get them within 20 days la da....????" She got irritated n spitted on me over phone..... ennatha solradhu... arivaali question kettaley ipdi dhaan.....

Unknown said...

Finally Divi in the Contest ;) actually I didn realllyyy no as to write what ??!!!!!!!! fine let me start frm here.,,,, “ Actually I have been more lik a tom boy during my School days , & I stay the same to some extent even now ( NOT SURE IF YU GIRLS HAVE NOTICED THEM in me) I believe myself as a Strong & bold girl ,,, during my 10th this character was highly predominant.,,,, Once wen I was back frm School ,with my frnd, in cycle ,.Few guys were teasing us, my frnd is always silent,, nevr opens her mouth,, ME the gr8 Divi had Back Answered them the same moment & we jus moved frm there,without any further delay (Yelaaaam oru bhava bhayam thaaan),,,I reached my home & my frnd has to ride on further to reach her home. After reaching her home she called me over phone. Oly after her call,I realized the severity, of me back answering those guys. Ya she had a bad evening that day,,,, Those guys mistook tat it was she who reverted back to them in the road, & was frightening & Scolding her in a harsh way,,,, this poor girl badly got scared & went almost cryng ,,, thank god there came an acquaint person of hers & saved her frm those guys .,,, she was terribly frightened by that incident.,,, Though this story doesn show my stupidity , I still feel bad for my frnd, whom I have put in a very bad state .,, were she was pushed to be a PARY that day,.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.