Wednesday 21 August 2013

Raksha Bandhan

The construction of a house in neighbourhood was going on last year too. I made a bungalow out of the sand used there and my brother knocked it down and I knocked my brother down and then we had tea together.”




Brothers are special gift of God. Especially if you are a girl, having a Brother means having a lifetime gift. From my childhood, I have been sharing so many childhood memories with my Brothers. If you are regular reader of my blog you would have known this by now.


My brothers are sweet and always ready to fight. We have fought with each other so much. My brother has even shown me the tip of the death. (Risk ellam enakku rusku saapudra madhiri:-P). With those fights comes the bonding. The bonding of love & Care.


My brothers are everything to me. They play the role of my friends, my father & mother (in some instances) , my competitor , my teacher, my companion, and also body guards J . Am so much indebted to all the love they shower on me.


When I meet new people I tend to call them as “Anna” –Brother. I feel it as a word of warmth. Not everyone knows the power / meaning of that word. Many don’t deserve that word. As I grew up I realised this , and from then I don’t call new people with that word. Only when I really feel the affection they give I use the word “Anna” to call them. Today I can say that everyone whom I call so shares a special bonding with me.



They encourage me so much. They support me in everything I do. They stood by me in all my difficult times. They understand me better than my Parents.


Brotherhood is something which everyone cannot get. I am indeed lucky to have so many brothers in my life. Each one has a special place for me in their hearts and I do have special place to each one of them. To all my brothers, Happy Rakshabandhan !!  I wish them to have all the joys of the world.