Tuesday 5 March 2013

Every tiny gift-to be cherished


Every one of us would have little dreams and wishes. Many are told and few are untold. There are also instances when we ourselves have not given much thought of getting that wish fulfilled or we would not have taken any steps to fulfill our little wishes.

In my case, one or the other wish creeps now and then. In Many instances my wishes get fulfilled immediately. (Yeah.. Remember? Earth is a Jeenie.. so my wish will be fulfilled by universe). For few I’ll take steps to get fulfilled and it requires time.

Recently , 2 such wishes of mine were fulfilled. Visiting Murudeshwar and having the dharshan of magnificent Lord Shiva was one of my dreams. I tried once to plan a trip there but couldn’t accomplish that. Somehow, after that I did not dream of visiting that temple.

Last month when I was just chatting with one of my friends we both planned to arrange for a tour. The same day evening we spoke with other friends and fixed the dates. Location was not fixed. After considering various options we decided on Murudeshwar. Like every other  tour planning our plan also had last minute cancellations and additions but a midst all those,  we made the trip.

When I stood on the sea shore, suddenly I realized that it was once my dream to see that stunning beauty. Even after I stopped dreaming I visited that temple. I totally agree that Universe is a Jeene(A boodh which fulfills our wish). Once you dream it’ll get attracted to the magnet called universe and the dream will come true. It may take time. But definitely it’ll get fulfilled.

The next was yesterday evening. I always had a wish that to have a coffee or to have a snack I've to travel. Once in a while it is okay if we travel even for a tiny thing if that fulfills your little wish.

My cousin called me and told that he had delicious ice cream and Rava idly. As you all know, I have a love- love relationship with food. I just expressed my wish as ”One day I’ll come to your place. Take me there. I wanted to taste them”. Immediately he invited me to his place the same day evening after completing the work in office.

I first gave excuses saying :  It’ll become late by the time I reach home if I come there
Cousin : No ma. I’ll come and drop you home. Don worry even if it is late You’ll be safe.
Me: Hmmm… I do not know the way to come there.
Cousin: It is very simple and only a straight road. No twists or turns. You are coming!
Me: I’ll come on some Saturday. So that can spend more time with you.
Cousin: I’ll come to your home on Sunday. We’ll spend whole day there. Today you just come for having Rava Idly and ice cream
Me: I’ll ask permission to my aunty and will let you know.
Cousin: She may not permit as it’ll get late. But I have made up my mind to give you treat and it is final that you are coming.
Me: Okay. I’ll come. (I called up my aunt. To my surprise she permitted me)

That is how I traveled 17 kms just for a rava Idly and a scoop of ice cream. The most interesting part is it took 1 ½ hours to reach the place in the peak hour traffic. While starting I had no idea that it would take so long or the distance was 17 kms. When I was half way I noticed a Route Board marking towards the area nearby my home. After waiting in that traffic I even thought of escape from that route. But lovely-lad on earth- my cousin -called me then and insisted to come. He added “He is waiting from long time”.
I could not resist and continued in the same road.

I was happy when i saw the kilometer run in my vehicle and realized that another dream came true. (I wish to travel even long distance).Chirpily had the menu I wished. As promised he came to drop me till home.

I would love to quote these lines which I read long back
“You may not be eligible to Grammies and Oscars, but still you deserve life’s little happiness…
A cup of tea with your best friend
Long nights walk with your best companion
Hours together of sleep on Sunday morning
Etc etc etc…”

Life is short. Have dreams. Enjoy each and every moment. Rejoice when your dreams come true. Cherish life’s every tiny gifts.
By the way i forgot to mention that this is my 25th post :-) :-) I cherish this gift of life!!!






2 comments:

Radhika.A.R said...

The best part of u is u know to REJOICE.....REJOICE in everything u do....who's that cousin who fulfilled ur dream of having Rava Idly akka?

Dosalover said...

Ha..life is meant to be cherished ammu... tht cousinnis none other than raghu in bangalore