Monday 4 February 2013

Art of Thanking


It feels great when we are thanked. But most of the times we do not let others to feel great. That’s human tendency.

I may be a Green horn in writing blogs but I am a good reader and a great lover of Positive mental Attitude (PMA) Books.( I seldom follow them though).

There are times when I felt myself down. At some instances with reason and in many instances without reason.

One day Life seemed like NOTHING to me. I've not accomplished anything great till now.I wanted to Change MYSELF so that I can change a few people around me. A Change which makes them happy. A change which induces them to LIVE their life. A change which gives vibrant energy to the people around me.

Yes. I have changed a lot in me. I was a pessimist and now am ALL NEW I would say. I feel so much positive energies in me. I cherish life. I care for my health & fitness (lately I started caring. But it’s never too late).

Lo Behold! Can you believe that the CHANGE started with a Thanking Letter?
Yes. I wrote thanking letters for few people whom I really wanted to thank from my heart. I was hesitant as how they would react when I say them directly. So I penned down my thoughts in letters and mails. I did not postpone.I wrote nearly 12 to 15 letters. (That obviously included my mom and dad. We often forget to thank them.) I sent them via email without any delay. I also called them and asked to check their in-boxes when they had time.

I was done with my job. I was overwhelmed with joy. When I had the idea of writing a thanking letter I just thought of giving a Fair crack at that. My first letter came out very well and my thoughts were easily portrayed. That gave me the light to write the other letters.

Many of them immediately replied. My mail gave tears of joy to them and their replies boosted my Joy. I felt that I am cared, I am loved and I have people for me. Those letters which I wrote and those replies gave me a new lease on life. What else do you need at the end of the day?  I felt blissful.

Not only to people. Be gratitude for everything you have and everything you get. It strengthens your mind. Lets all Practice the Thanking Therapy! A therapy which makes both the sender and the receiver gain the positive energy. 
It can be the breath of fresh air in this otherwise monotonous life of ours.
Just give a Fair crack at that.

Before concluding I want to thank every reader of this post and Blog. I feel thankful to nature for adding one more day to my life where I could share a brainwave.

Note: 1.Thank from the heart. Not a fake one.
2.You may not like one or two characters of a person.But don't recall anything about them. Just write a letter only for those things for which you really wanted to thank that person.

3 comments:

Archana said...

U are a changed person now..:) Keep reaching gr8 heighrs :)

Radhika.A.R said...

I'm feeling very lonely at college...missing my old frnds n dos cherished days!!!!
wen I was thinking wat best I can do at this hour of my day to give myself a great company,I was reminded of ur blogs & so I'm here on this page now...
I always thank u mentally for ur king gesture done unto me....Today if I'm sitting here totally absorbed into ur blogs,forgetting my world around, 4getting my lonliness,It's only bcoz of u...Yes u sensed my need before I could call out to u 4 help....U felt u should help me opposing ur own mother & at times wen u urself were in economic backwaters...Everyday wen I had no company & wenever I sat with my LAPTOP,I used to BOW DOWN to u mentally...I remember ur kind gesture every minute of everyday though unfolded & though unspoken....Though at times I felt it was ur duty as my elder sis to takecare of my needs...2day after reading ur blog titled"THANKSGIVING"1st thought that crossed my mind was to unfold my unspoken feelings..YES I'm writing this to THANK U 4 not only buying me a LAPY but for all that u r to me so far..For all the luv & Care u have sahred & Poured..For all the Genorosity in u..Thank u so much akka..LUV U.

Dosalover said...

It is so nice of u Radhu... to give such comment in blog... u needn't have thanked me in this blog for that lappy da.. yes! As a sis.. I have duty to take care of your needs.... n tht is what I have done... m so happy that u remembered my blog and today u r feeling alone u r accompanied and indulged in this blog.... m glad yu read it.. n sincerely thnkn for comments on each post u read and comment da... ur comment as inalways say.. means a lot to me and help me keep going.. thnks dear... and luv u loadssss