Friday 8 February 2013

Heights of imagination


I love my younger brother so much. He loves me the same way. In fact my relatives know how we love each others and they say that I am his second mother.

Usually I won’t interfere in his studies. I won’t teach him (perhaps that’s the reason he loves me so much:-P). The reason for not teaching him is not that I don’t care him or don’t want to trouble him. The reason is I don’t wish to land myself in troubles. I mean it!
Twice I’ve tried teaching him. When we both get inside the study room it seems like we represent 2 different cat families. Yes. Myself as a tigress and my brother as a tiny little pussy.Maximum half an hour we’ll come back to the living room.

Yeah… Now too we represent 2 cat families…But now my brother as a tiger and me as a poor crying cat. If he is interested, he studies well but otherwise its really hard to make him study. I’ll start in slow pace. I’ll encourage him so much I’ll appreciate him so much and then would ask him to study. He’ll be happy at my enthusiasm, encouragement and obviously appreciation but not with those words “Let’s start studying now”. By now ten minutes would have elapsed. In another twenty minutes (that’s the maximum time) I’ll start shouting, yelling and sometimes beating. As you know after doing all these there’ll be crying sound.

My mother rushes to the room to rescue my brother. But you know what?
It would be me crying in the room. (as you all know that is every girl’s last resort). Then I’ll come out. He’ll follow me like a tiger which has caught its prey. Hope the above reason was convincing for me not teaching my brother.

No one can escape from Fate. One day I too got stuck up with that. I had to teach my brother because he had science exam the next day. I tried putting questions to him from his syllabus. Surprisingly that day I did not cry because he was prepared and he answered all the questions. Then I asked him to practice with diagrams as he could score more from them. (My brother is over confident all the times. He’ll always say he’ll get cent % in math. The real marks would be  something else.)

That day was not an exception. He said he has practiced all the diagrams well and he was sure (as always) that he’ll score full of full in them. I wanted to test him so I asked him to draw a kidney diagram. He said he was very good in drawing brain. I did not want to discourage him (because that was the first day where he did not let me cry) and so I asked him to draw and show me that.

Believe me! Within a minute he gave me the diagram. I was dumbstruck. He gave me the diagram of Brain in NO TIME! I wondered at this and with same vibration (I mean in same dumbstruck manner) asked him how could he draw so easily? (I would have taken 10 minutes. I bet even a person who is very good at drawing skills would take 2 to 3 minutes). But my little brother gave me that even before a minute and it was exactly brain.

When I inquired him as how was this possible he replied:
“ Brain dhane Ka.. jujibee.. oru Cauliflower varanja adhan Brain uh”
(Which means drawing a Brain is a cushy job because it’s nothing but a Cauliflower)

Are you able to imagine cauliflower as Brain? Till that day I too had never imagined. I don think any one of us would have imagined. But he did. The little one who usually love playing pranks did it. I regret for testing him but at the same time I feel glad because if  I've not thought of testing him… Brain would not be as easy as drawing a cauliflower.
I hugged him tight after he gave such an imagination to BRAIN.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Where was this Shwetha hiding all these days?????????
Really Nice da!!! Keep Writing........

All the Best :)

Sowmya said...

Excellently narrated shwe...very nice..seriously cant beat the little one's imagination..he is definitely a tiger ready to pounce upon..kudos to him..:-) :-) :-)

ishwariya said...

cute rakshith,my little brother...