Friday 1 February 2013

AM I SUPPOSED TO TELL THIS LOVE STORY??


Love Marriage is a Sin.
Inter Caste Love Marriage is a Crime.
Inter Religion Love Marriage is an inhuman act.

            Feeling like u’v read these lines elsewhere? Perhaps in student life in our tamil text books.(I’v replaced the word “untouchability” with the word love marriage). 
The above lines are like vedic chants in our family.  Lately many relatives of mine have changed from this thought but my Father is very strong in this point till today.     
                  
            Coming to the story, One of my cousin( mine is a huge family and mentioning name of each cousin would confuse the readers) had a love story. He had a special affection towards me (I presumed so. By now after reading my previous posts you would be knowing how extraordinarily I presume things.). I’v not heard him calling anyone as “Kutty” but even today he calls me so.(This is the ground for my presumption). 

            Its very rare that he comes to our place and occasionally spends time with us.That day he called me for a walk with him. I readily agreed delightfully as I too have an extra love towards him. We were chatting all the stories in the world and suddenly he said he wanted to share a thing with me. I was wonderstruck because I was too young and when he said he wished to share a thing my heart sang with joy. But I did’nt express that joy. Concealing my astonishment I tried asking normally .”Well you can always share with me anna. Tell me Whats the matter.?”

            He said that he was in love with a Christian Girl ( First time he is sharing something personally with me. Should that be A LOVE MATTER? THAT TOO A CHRISTIAN?). I did not react and he continued . He said that she was the first who proposed and my cousin too loved her but was hesitant to propose her. Once she proposed he readily said “Yes”.(He is wise that he grabbed the opportunity)
           
            At that age I sincerely believed the first 3 lines of the post and I was bewildered when he said he was in love with a Christian Girl. ( Shri Hari! Save me from this anna was my inner voice then). But I  always had a special affection towards my cousin that could not discourage him when he was sharing his personal life with me for the very first time. He narrated his love story and I heard that without much comments. We were now nearby our home and when few steps were left to reach the Entrance Gate he asked me a question. Why did he ask that question to me?

The question was : “Kutty nee Otai Vai dhaane ?”(Which literally means am a trumpet blowing out his secrets all through the way)

Alas! When he thinks that I’l open up his secrets to everyone why did he shared the whole story with me?
Did he actually wanted to let his parents know this matter through me?(instead of directly facing them.He wanted me to convey uh?)
Did he want me to keep this as a secret or he wanted me to reveal this to everyone?
Did he asked that question to make sure that i'l reveal his story to everyone?
AM I SUPPOSED TO TELL THIS LOVE STORY??

Note: My cousin is now married to the girl whom he loved and they are leading a Happy life.Its worth noting that I did not interfere in this matter and I did not disclose his story to anyone. Enna nambunga Naan Otai Vai Illa! Illa! Illa!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

So nice......all should take a leaf out of it

Unknown said...

Now i knw ur not a Otai Vai....
If ur cousin read this blog wat ll happen???

Sowmya said...

Ena ma think panra d..very witty mind voice u have dear..:-):-):-) thoroughly enjoyed:-):-)