Friday 15 February 2013

Friendship


My sisters are the sweetest on earth. My younger sister is too caring, too loving, too good and what not? She has every good character. (Much tempered too:-P)…

Friendship means so much to her. Once there was a vegetable carving competition and I always admit she has solely inherited the artistic skills of my mother. My mother and sister purchased all the required vegetables. My mom taught her 2 vegetable carvings and my sister practiced what she learnt.

Next day she merrily went to school with full practice.
She came in the evening with restlessness. She hugged my mom with an innocent face and told

S: Ma… You are the best mom on earth.
Mom (in cloud 9): Oh thank you. You are the most obedient kid on earth.
S: Love you Ma. You know what? The vegetable carving which you taught won the prize. I am really happy at that.
Mom: That really sounds great. But it is not carving which has won the prize. Its my
daughter who carved has won the prize.
S:  (in annoyed tone)... Ma… It is not because of the hand which carved. It is only because of your idea.
Mom: Oh that’s fine. Bring me your prize and certificate. Let’s celebrate your success.
S: Ma…. It is with Pragathi.
Mom: Is it with her? But why did you give it to her? I’d have felt happy on seeing it. Bring it tomorrow atleast.
S: Ma I can bring it tomorrow but I have to return it the next day.
Mom: Why are you confusing me so much? Why should you return your certificate to her?
S: Because … Because… (gnidniwer………. Couldn’t get it? Sorry – Rewinding)

Next day she merrily went to school with full practice.
Her friend on the entrance welcomed her with dull tone. On inquiry my sister came to know that she sounded dull because she did not get practice nor did bring vegetables.
My sister-wonderful creature on earth- has given her vegetables which she had and taught her one carving (she had learnt 2) which is the better among the 2.

Sometimes this happens... The person who copied from you in the exams scores well than you. That “sometime” was this time. Yes. My sister’s friend bagged the prize and obviously my sister was not even given the consolation prize.

Mom: (after hearing the story) How fool you have been S? Your hard work is wasted now. Of course the money spent on vegetables too.
S: It is not wasted Ma… My hard work has got a prize for my friend.
Mom: But you did not get the prize S.. Why don’t you understand?
S: But I got my friendship strong Ma. My friend loves me much much more than she loved me before.

My mom could not utter a word after that.
True that my sister lost her competition but won a friendship.
That day I was not matured and thought my sister was stupid .
But today I am proud of what she did that day. There are things which even younger ones can teach us.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

So sweet of S :) of course you too................

Sowmya said...

S is always a sweetie cutie pie :-) :-)

Unknown said...

Pavithra it seems

Unknown said...

Very nice......

Radhika.A.R said...

My sissie s so hearty:)

Dosalover said...

Illa na.. it is sindhu

Dosalover said...

She is always sweeetie da... no one can replace her