Tuesday 12 February 2013

Punctuality & ME


My uncle’s marriage was fixed (My dad’s brother) and marriage was in outstation.We had to report to railway station at 7.30 p.m. Needn’t say how the luggage would be for a marriage trip. Around 20 people were about to travel from Trichy to Mysore. Imagine the loads of luggage now. Despite started  packing 2 days earlier our family is much passionate with this last minute packing.

My mom, my aunties and few uncles, me and my cousins all were very busy in eleventh hour packing. It was like playing treasure hunt. Yes. All were searching things and few succeeded but few were still hunting for their treasures. We were so much engrossed in the game that we did not notice the time. It was 7.10 when we heard a voice saying “it is already late. We’ve to reach railway station in 15 minutes otherwise we’ll miss the train”.
When we heard the voice it was like the umpire blowing a whistle and saying “STOP” and the game came to an end. One among the kids went to hire autos for all. We reached station at 7.30 and luckily the train was in first platform. We ran to the train (obviously this was like a 200m running game). Elders had to carry the baggage along with the responsibility of handling the kids. It was definitely a chaos.

We kids were made to board the train first. Except one of my aunty every others boarded the train. She was there to throw the baggage into the train and people inside helped to carry them to the respective place where we were seated. Train started while she was throwing the luggages. This bold lady threw baggage into the running train. Train started running a little faster and she jumped inside the train while my father helped her to get inside the train by pulling her towards him.

The TT came and shouted at our entire kurkure family. He couldn’t bear our irresponsibility. He couldn’t digest that a lady getting into a running train when so many gents had accompanied her. Somehow after many -Sorry TTR Sorry TTR… he had no other go except to drop the matter. He went to the next coach.

After all the hush push… we comfortably seated and safely traveled.
Everyone who knew me well .. In fact many acquaintances also had asked me the reason for being late ALWAYS. (Yes. I’d be the last person to come. It may be school, parties, get to gethers, office etc etc etc  )

At those moments  to answer that question….  it takes me immense effort to control the heart which badly wants to say the truth that “It is something hereditary” and I just smile and admit “Sorry. It is my nature”. 

No comments: