Monday 18 February 2013

My friends


My friends always prove that we are alike.
Me with my two friends and two brothers went to a trip to mysore. Everyone knows that Mysore is a place worth visiting. If you have not explored it till now then plan your next vacation there.

I’ve always admired the hospitality of my father & his siblings. They really awe you with their hospitality. We can never repay them in any way. One of my aunts has put up in mysore and she was very happy at my visit with friends.

The first day of the trip we covered many places and we never miss the food street whenever we visit mysore palace. Me and my brothers went there along with my friends.
We had soooooo much of stuffs there. Gobi Manchurian, noodles, dosas, idlys and what not?

WAIT WAIT! It is not our fault that we had so much.

Recently I read fascinating information about Indians.
The information is as follows:
When India was ruled by British, Indians were not guaranteed of their next meal or even for the next day. So, they used to have much food when they had the chance to eat so that they could store for the next meal time (Like a camel).I also read that Indians tend to have much food even today because it has become hereditary. (There are exceptions to it).

I always hate if I’ve made stand in the Red Carpet.(I mean I love to be one in the crowd). Obviously my friends also hate the Red carpet. Hope this fascinating fact about Indians would suffice for having (little) high quantity of food. Even if you are not convinced I am convinced. My friends are convinced. We are indeed proud that we have inherited our fore fathers and we are true INDIANS :-P

After having so much food in the streets we were forced to have in home too. Oh ! that’s the hospitality which I proudly described. But for the first time the hospitality became a curse in our lives. Atleast me and my brothers escaped form my aunty after having 2 idlys. One of my friend  also escaped after a hard try. But the other was caught. She too planned to escape but then, my aunty brought Vaangi Bath from kitchen. My friends loves that dish so much and my friend could not resist the dish after bringing it in front of her.

It was nearly an hour we waited for her to finish her dinner.It was already 11.00 pm. But there was no sign of finishing the dinner. She was not able to eat and was struggling to complete. When I lost my patience after long waiting I just asked her “when you already had so much of food. Why didn’t you refuse to have vaangi bath? Do you know how long you have been eating?”

She immediately replied “ Vaangi Baath nadhum Vaaya Pozhandhuten what to do ?“

We could not help controlling our laughter. We loved her rhyming despite of the tragic timing.

Note: Vaangiis a name for brinjal . Vaangi Bath is a variety rice made using Brinjal (in karnataka).

1 comment:

Sowmya said...

ROFL :-) :-) :-) :-) Shwe u've proved that u r a real Chartered Accountant by substantiating even food habits..Perumaya iruku d..
And Sha love u a lot and esp ur one liners :-) :-) :-)