Monday 25 February 2013

Wish we were kids forever


Hi all…
It has now become a routine to write blog. And I love to stay connected with all my blog readers . Thus whenever I find some time I would love to devote that time to my blog.

Weekend passed very swiftly that we are back to MOANDAY :-P
Saturday I attended an annual day celebration of one of my cousins. He acted as a Santa in a Dance. He was dressed beautiful. Around 10 a.m we were seated in the hall waiting for his performance.

I went there just to see my cousin’s performance. But as soon as the program started the stage became a garden. The stage was filled with variety of flowers, angels, butterflies , rabbits, elephants, tigers(garden turned into zoo) … True! The kids were dressed in such a way. I thoroughly enjoyed each and every program. Kids who were just 2 to 4 years are really tough to handle for practice. Kudos! To the efforts of the teachers in that school.

You won’t believe. The kids did hard formations in dance; they did few aasanas from yoga. I was stunned. No doubt I enjoyed being there but I was waiting for my cousin. I waited, waited and waited at last he came up on the stage. I just jumped with joy when I saw a Chota Santa on the stage. The mask was too big that he couldn’t wear it on face. But he managed to have that above his head. All the kids were dancing but my cousin was too shy to dance. His teacher tried pushing him to the middle but he was comfortable by standing in a corner of the stage. I was glad that he stood there at least without crying.

When I was watching my Cousin in that stage I recollected my own brother’s annual day celebration.

My friends love him so much. One day, directly from school he came to my office. He invited my friends to his annual day celebration. He said he is participating in a dance. He was very much excited at his participation and compelled us to visit his school.We were all keen to watch him dancing. We asked permission to leave early from office and all went to his school. Programs started. We were far from the stage and couldn’t easily locate the faces though we were able to watch the programs.

When I was studying in that school as I already mentioned in my previous post. I was forced to participate in dance as the number of students was less. But now school strength has grown leaps and bounds. In each dance 20 kids are dancing that too with much synchronization. From that distant we couldn’t locate my brother. We presumed many boys in each dance as my brother. At last we finalized a boy (as we couldn’t confirm) as my brother and enjoyed the dance with a big applause.

At the end of the day my brother came running to us. With a sheer excitement and asked about his performance. Before giving the feed back we thought to confirm in which dance he participated. After knowing the song we were bewildered. We did not find anyone resembling my brother in that dance. How come he could have participated in that dance?

That was a skit portrayed in that song. We asked him in which part of the song he danced. We were so much disappointed when he said that he was performing behind the white screen when they wanted to depict a fight between two groups of people. He was one in the group fighting against the other group. The saddest part is fight being behind the white screen. We have just seen his shadow and we could not recognize that it was my brother. We did not even have a clue that he’ll perform behind the screen.

My friends were also disappointed as I was. They enjoyed that evening but couldn’t see my brother performing.

Same was the case with my cousin Saturday. I was happy that at least I could recognize him on the stage. Kids are really energetic and performing on the stage or outside the stage, in front of audience or at the back stage doesn’t bother them. They are happy that they are performing. I wish we were kids!!!

Moral: If we cherish our work and love doing our work nothing bothers us. Appraisals, hikes, promotions etc etc will not affect us when we love our work. Wish we were those kids!!


1 comment:

Sowmya said...

Super likes to the moral da..very nice :-) :-) :-)