Tuesday 19 February 2013

Chamathu Kutty


Me and my brother are always the Chamathu kuttys who accompany our grandmother when the whole family leaves out. Our Grandmother was very sweet and she would be pleased with both of us when we both stayed back at home for her. Our mothers would have prepared the dinner and kept ready for our granny. Our job was just to serve her.

There are few instances where I would have started along with everyone but later, when everyone steps out of house I’ll just give an am- not- coming announcement and will pounce at the sofa and watch TV. My granny would be much pleased with this last minute decision.

That day night after my Papa and Grand Pa returns she would sweetly say “Only P & S loves me so much. Wherever their mothers & other siblings go, they love staying with me and taking care of me. I am really blessed to have such grand children who care me more than anyone in this world.” My father would smile with a pride (because of the way he has brought up his daughter…. Yeah! It is MEEEEE!)

All these were 12 to 15 years back.

Lately, when my grandmother expired  (3 years back), me and my brother recollected the memorable moments with her.
Me: Hey! How can this happen to her?
P: hmmmm… I cannot believe this end to such a sweet person.
Me: Yeah. How she used to love us and care for us na?
P: All those moments are still unforgettable de. She used to give enough of money whenever we stayed at home when she was alone.
Me: She loved us so much that she used to give without our mother’s knowledge. (As they would scold if we have outside food.)
P : Even when we said we were not willing to have in the mess she would insist us to have little before our mothers come na? She was indeed sweet. She never disclosed to anyone that she gave us money.
Me: In childhood we loved being with her because she used to give money and would ask us to have whatever we wished. But later as we grew , we started realizing her affection da. Henceforth we are going to miss her love.
P: True. As we would send your sister and my sister along with our mothers , we were so much close with granny.
Me: I remember those days.. Even when they were ready to stay with grandma we both would somehow convince them and send them out. (As we did not wanted to divide the money which our granny gave with anyone)
P: She was so much pleased with us and used to tell out father’s that we were best. Really her loss is gonna be unbearable.

We both really missed our granny and revealed all the childhood secrets in distress. But then, both our sisters came to know of it and they disclosed it our mothers too. It was anyhow too late that they came to knew. So they did not bother much.

Even this day they both tease me &P for what we did 15 years back.
But till date my father doesn’t know this truth. As far as he is concerned we both are still the same chamathu kuttys who used to care our granny much even when we were kids. He loves us fot that!!

Closing Note :  It is always better to keep few hidden things as hidden forever.
So better don't disclose it to my father.

*Chamathu Kutti - Generally obedient and sweet little kid which I totally am, by the way.



No comments: