Thursday 7 February 2013

Chandhramukhi dancing in my Balcony


“Iravu Bayam, Iruttu  Bayam,
Iravil Satham vandhal Bayam , Saaral adithalum bayam,
Nizhalai kandaal bayam, Nijathil Peigal undu enra  bayam
Bayam ..Bayam ..Bayam ..“

            Yes. I am a scared girl. I fear at dark. I fear at Ghosts and evils. (Am not sure whether they exist though) .To make you understand how much I fear, I’l tell you a case. An actress died by attempting suicide. Reason being Love Failure.I have not seen any of her movies and that day when her death news was telecasted in TV I was getting ready to school and I just heard the news. I mean I did not see her face even then. That day night when I went to bed am able to imagine a lady wearing full white saree taunting me so much (That’s a ghost). I am clearly able to hear her saying “You are the reason for my death. You are the reason for my Love failure. I’ll definitely make you pay for this.”

“Arrey, First of all I’ve not seen you in my life how come I would have seen your lover?” heard the mind voice of mine. But I didn’t dare to ask this question to that ghost. I knew this was my own imagination. I knew I alone could find the solution for this. But I couldn’t help. Every day (day and night) whenever I was alone or sleeping at nights I used to have this lady with white saree taunting me and this continued for a week.
You know what? I told my mother. She tried to console me so much in that week as my mother could not help me out; she took me to an Amman Temple (Goddess temple). They chanted some manthras and tied a black rope on my hand. Uh! That day I slept peacefully after a week.

DON’T LAUGH! The real story has not come yet. Hope by now you know how much I fear at ghosts.

From the day we shifted to our new house my brother and another brother who works in our shop used to say sometimes they hear some anklet’s sound at nights. I was little scared but didn’t take it to my head.

Chandhramukhi movie was released and I was a bit frightened on seeing that movie. (I watch it as a comedy now).  One day night as always I slept with my brother and in a while I was hearing some sound like sal sal sal sal…. I could make it out as a anklet’s sound. God! My senses turned so alert. A shiver went on my spine. I tried not to hear / pay attention to the sound but as much as I tried to avoid that much I was hearing more of it. Above our room is the Balcony. On hearing this sound I thought that Chandhramukhi was dancing in the balcony. (People say a writer needs much imagination. I think  am Capable of being a good writer). I imagined her dancing wildly. I got scared. I thought of closing my ears and turned to my brother. Once I turned I realized those sounds were nothing but my brother’s SNORINGS.

Uh! I woke him up and when he stopped snoring I started sleeping. I hate people snoring(They don’t do that without their knowledge though). I’ve been sleepless many nights because of that irritating noise. In turn, I’ve woke them up and have given many sleepless nights to them too. Its long since I’ve slept with my Parent because they snore.

That was the night when I decided that I should not sleep with my Brother too as he scared me with his snore.This is one of my unforgettable experience with truth.

Note: The first 4 lines in Tamizh just describe my fear. Even without those 4 lines this post can be read and enjoyed.