Wednesday 27 February 2013

Copying in Exam


Friends
This is a new variety. A platform to share your memorable moments. Read the story and start rewinding your life too.

No one can deny if I say that school days are the best part in anyone’s life. They are the golden period where each moment was cherished and gave many lessons of life.

I hate copying in exams. I usually ask the answer directly and would write. I won’t look at papers. But I loved to help my friends. I used to show them my answer sheet and would tell them the answer if they cannot see my paper. You see I've always been a sweet heart :-)

My elder sister ‘P’ is opposite to me. She won’t look into others papers and she won’t let others to look at hers. She won’t help them too. In my school, from class 6th to 10th would write exams in a big hall. Once it happened that one of my sisters ‘R’ was sitting in front of me and the other ‘P’ (whom I mentioned before) was behind me. They both were studying same class. I completed my exam soon and was checking the paper again. I noticed that ‘R’ was thinking so much and seemed helpless. Me- Kind creature on earth- asked her what was that she needed.

Immediately she showed me Part- C in question paper. I couldn't see what was that. We exchanged question papers. It was a proverb translation. That proverb was beyond my ken but somehow my angel instinct told me to help her out. I knew about ‘P’. She won’t show the answer nor would she tell that. I acted very casually that I turned to her and smiled. She gave a moment’s smile and continued writing. I peeped at her paper to see the answer. But I couldn't.  She was writing an essay it seems and question paper was kept aside for a while. I casually took the question paper as if I am keen to read the senior’s question paper. She did not utter a word.

Uh… slowly I surfed through that paper (acted like surfing) and once I came to Part-C , I asked her the translation in a nonchalant manner. She gave a fierce look and said “Don’t try to act smart. She(R) asked you for the answer uh? If not, I’ll tell you after the exam. It is not that important as you should know the translation now. Give me the question paper or else I’ll complain to the teacher. Mind it!!”

I was caught. Perhaps I lack acting skills. Enakku nadikka theriyadhunga :-P
Without revealing the pain of getting caught I gave the question paper and I did not turn back till the bell rang. She is such a unique piece my mind voice uttered. I couldn't help R that day.

I cannot end this post without sharing another incident which I heard from a friend of mine. My friend was in the exam hall. Board Exams – that was geography. While marking the places in map he got confused as where to mark Mumbai. He immensely tried to recall his memory but it was vain. He badly wanted to score full marks in Map as that was the last hope for him to get pass marks in the subject. He tried copying but he failed in that attempt too. Overcoming his inhibition, he just called the boy sitting beside him and asked “hey! Tell me soon -Where is Mumbai?” The other boy was fully tensed as he had only few minutes left to hand over the answer sheets. He was irked when my friend questioned him in the eleventh hour. He replied with a tone of anger “ Enna? Mumbai ah? India la dhaan ya  irukku” (Translation: What? Mumbai uh? It is in India only man) and continued his writing.

My friend readily took the map to mark and barely realized the reply he got from that boy.
Bell rang by the time he realized and paper was handed over with an India Map-without Mumbai.
Even today he remembers that boy and cannot forget his reply at that peak moment.

Is there any memorable incident relating to ‘copying’ in your life? If so feel free to share in this Blog. I would love to read yours.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ha ha.....very interesting.....

Dosalover said...

ennamo idhukkum ungalukkum samandhame illadha madhiri reply panringa... mumbai enga nu ketadhe neengga dhane na?