Wednesday 13 February 2013

Regrets


I have a cousin whom I considered my best friend in my childhood. We loved each others so much. One day it happened that she had to vacate to another town. I was shattered and cried so much. Being away from her was a thing that I really could not digest.

I truly agree with the statement “Time is the best medicine. It can heal anyone and anything “.As time passed by I was fine with my other cousins in my place. It was no more difficult for me to digest. In fact I remembered her rarely and to my surprise I didn’t even feel down at those moments.

She used to come to my place rarely. Very rarely I would say. When she comes we enjoyed so much. I loved her company always. We used to have nice time. But once she leaves, again it would be so many months when I keep in touch with her. I’d really hate this in my mother .She is very bad in keeping in touch with her friends and anyone to this matter. I did not call my cousin often because that was something which my mother never did. I mean I was not used to speaking over the phone with people and getting along with them.
(Now no one is able to stop me speaking over my mobile. That is different)

Years went on. Both are grown now. Both have new and best buddies now. We are no more close to each others, no more bonded with the love we shared among us. Preferences varied and interests varied. The way we brought up varied. We have nothing common now except she has also taken the same professional course as I did. Even that had nothing to do with us. Her decision was influenced by another cousin of ours. They both are close now.

After so many years she choose to give her exams in my place (Ofcourse it was not her decision. It was another cousin’s. They both decided to write exams in out place by staying in our home). I was very much excited that they both are going to stay for a month with me. And we 3 were in common stream.

The day arrived. I warmly welcomed them and we had a nice chat. It was then… after all these years that I realized the gap that has been built between us. My cousin with whom I shared major part of my childhood is not the same now. We had nothing to share. We could not open up with each others. They both have become close and I felt like I’ve been left alone.

I did not express above said things to her. Days went on. I should agree that I was a bit busy when she came and stayed in our home because I had classes and office the whole day. She completed her exams well and went to her place.

Now after becoming a professional (she is in her final. she’ll also become a professional soon) when I look back at life…. It has given me so much to cherish and appreciate but this bonding which has diminished over the years has never been built again. Now I love her the same way I did in childhood but am not able to express it to her. I had an online chat with her today. I tried to open up … but she couldn’t receive it as I meant. I regret for letting this relationship to diminish. I regret for not being expressive to her. I regret for not keeping in touch with her.

I am pretty sure that this would have happened in everyone’s life. May be with a cousin, a neighbour or a friend. Today make time to let them know that you still love them in the same way and you do not want this gap anymore. Life is short.. give sincerely your best to everyone. I love to be the same to my cousin if she too wishes the same. How about you??


No comments: